This site is for all my friends and family that share my love of the outdoors. I built this site so that you all could share your outdoor excursions with everyone else. Its all about the outdoors so only hunting, fishing, camping, and so on. Now send me that story with your pictures and let all us all see your latest adventure.

September 14, 2009

Arches in July

Amy and I took the kids to Arches National Park the last week in July. Amy had never been down here even though we drive right by it every time we go to mom and dads. She is not much of a desert lover but I think she changed her mind about that a little after this trip.

The picture above and below is taken at the overlook at Park Avenue. It looks like a painting just standing here looking down the little canyon


My favorite rock formation that I have seen yet. Balance rock is one of the coolest things I have ever seen.






We took the little 1 mile hike back into double arch with the kids. They had a blast playing around on the rocks. Had a couple little trips and some tears but they had a blast



The last hike we took was back to Skyline Arch. The kids did great with the little hikes that we were able to sneak in. The temperatures were around 100 degrees in the days leading up to our hiking day but mother nature helped us out and gave us a cool 80 degree day.






No comments: