This site is for all my friends and family that share my love of the outdoors. I built this site so that you all could share your outdoor excursions with everyone else. Its all about the outdoors so only hunting, fishing, camping, and so on. Now send me that story with your pictures and let all us all see your latest adventure.

March 15, 2008

Uintah Tie Hack Cabins with Ron

This is a trip that I took with Ron back in September of 2004. It was the first time I had really been that deep into the Uintah Mountain Range. On this particular trip we rode Ron's quads back in to the Elizabeth Mountain area in search of some old tie hack cabins. These cabins were built back when the need for railroad ties was at its peak. They still stand to this day.

This next shot we came across is what is left of a bridge builit over this spring. We are also standing on a road that was used to get to the cabin
-
-
-
-
-
-



Here is a shot from inside a barn we found next to one of the cabins. The grain feeder is still intact in the corner.
-
-
-
-
-
Some of the cabins that we found still had a majority of their roof material even though they had caved in over years from the heavy snow
Good shot of a window frame still in great shape















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you know the GPS coordinates for the tie hack cabins?

brycecountrycabins said...

I really am impressed with this post. You talk about some great information. I'll definitely be back when your site is updated...Thank You

Bryce Canyon Lodging Cabins